[DPRG] Off-Topic - Microphones

Subject: [DPRG] Off-Topic - Microphones
From: Lance Rose LRose at jhsi.com
Date: Wed Jun 15 13:18:44 CDT 2005

I apologize for the off-topic post, but I hope you guys can answer a
question for me.

I need to get input from 4 microphones to display visually on my PC.
All I really need is an indicator that the mic is picking up anything
over a base level.  I am going to try to "time" my dog on a course. I
also have another possible application if this could be done cheaply
based on sound.

How do I do this?

Is there a device that will take in multiple mic inputs and feed the
signal to a piece of software?

What term or terms would be good for Googling to find info on this?

I am open to any other suggestions for doing this cheaply.  Cheaply is
the main goal.

Thanks again.