[DPRG] Off-Topic - Microphones

Subject: [DPRG] Off-Topic - Microphones
From: Ed Koffeman edk at kinetric.com
Date: Wed Jun 15 13:33:00 CDT 2005

Hi, Lance.

If there's not a lot of other noise, you might be able to simply connect all
4 microphones in parallel (Y-connectors...) and as the dog passes each it
will register, all on the single microphone channel. Most dynamic mics will
work - you can even use dynamic earbuds in a pinch if the sound is loud
enough (cheap way to get 4 mics).

Otherwise, do two pairs into L and R channels, with each pair alternating
spacing in the dog run.

The standard Windows recorder will show the waveform and capture a .WAV file
for analysis.

Ed Koffeman