[DPRG] RE: Off-Topic - Microphones

Subject: [DPRG] RE: Off-Topic - Microphones
From: Ted Larson ted at larsonland.com
Date: Thu Jun 16 14:49:49 CDT 2005

I have a new-tech solution for ya.  I dunno how close you can get the dog to
each checkpoint, but perhaps this is a good excuse to fool with RFID tags.
Give each dog a tag attached to their collar, and put an RFID reader at each
checkpoint, with a wireless connection to beam the trigger back to a central
PC that catalogs the data, and gives you the results.  Since each dog would
have a different tag, there wouldn't be any issues with getting different
dogs mixed up.

Here is a reader that only works up to 4 inches....but I have seen others
that work up to several feet away.
http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28140

Enjoy!

-Ted