[DPRG] NBC5 Expo 2005?

Subject: [DPRG] NBC5 Expo 2005?
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 25 16:35:46 CDT 2005

Dave / All,

Those pictures are of the NBCi5 Tech Expo we attended in Sept 2004.

We did receive an invitation for this year's "First Annual Home and
Lifestyles Show" about 2 weeks ago and I was charged with the responsibility of being
event coordinator for the event.  (At the time I did not notice the change in
the name of the show)

http://www.networkevents.tv/

We were invited to be a part of their "consumer electronics pavilion".

Last year's show was pretty fun and there was some neat stuff there like the
indoor foam RC airplanes and hovercraft + we were there.

This year the dates for the show are August 20 - 21 (3rd Saturday and
Sunday).
Both admission would be free, but parking costs like $10.

Last year about 12 of us showed up each day x 2 days which is about $240 in
parking and then another $100 or $200 in food which does make me scratch my
head.

Maybe we should re-think the deal.
If we really want to do a show why not put the effort into an electronics
trade show or something like that?

Why not set up a booth at Mike's Hobby Shop  or at one of the Engineering
Schools in the area instead?  There we could reach our real target audience.

I know we probably have people willing to participate, but I am really
thinking about squandering people's free time.

I would love to hear from anyone who would be interested in participating in
this or another similar event -- or who participated last year.

$500 buys a lot of beer and roasted meat. We could just meet in a field
somewhere and drink beer and shoot the breeze. Sounds like a lot less work.

VP-DPRG
Ron Grant