[DPRG] Need Information about bluetooth IC

Subject: [DPRG] Need Information about bluetooth IC
From: Kenneth Maxon kmaxon at qwest.net
Date: Sat Oct 1 13:51:14 CDT 2005

This may not be exactly what you are asking for, but may fit the bill quite
well.  On page 2 of the wireless modules section at sparkfun, they have pair
of modules.  One module is USB=>Blue tooth.   It plugs into your PC and
comes with drivers to emulates a standard COM port.  The other module is
Blue tooth=> logic level serial stream.  These guys are pretty small.  The
USB end gets it's power from the USB connector on the PC.  The serial module
end runs from either 5v or 3.3v power supplies and it compatible with both
signal levels.  One other advantage is that the modules are really tiny.
Out of the box they do 56K-baud with no changes.  With a little extra work
to send the proper AT commands, the speed can be shifted upwards to
200K-baud.  Each USB dongle can talk to 7 remotes with no reduction of
bandwidth / interference(remotes can be bought separately at lower price).
These modules also incorporate auto error checking & resend features, so all
the user deals with is the stream.  They also sell a version with hardware
flow control (CTS/RTS)  There's an online datasheet of sorts on their site.

Part number:
RF-BlueSMiRF ($74.95)

Photos:
http://nikita.argia.net/kmaxon/bluetooth2.jpg