[DPRG] DPRG member's project linked on Hackaday

Subject: [DPRG] DPRG member's project linked on Hackaday
From: Michael Giambalvo heathkit at gmail.com
Date: Fri Oct 14 14:40:58 CDT 2005

There's a PS/2 port on all new Roombas.  That port is really just a
RS-232 serial port, though I don't know the pinout.  I know that port
can be used to flash the Roomba with new firmware, and can also be
used to command the Roomba and read its sensors.  Don't know anything
about the protocol, though.

>From what I understand, the hacking kit will be some kind of ATmega in
a small package that plugs in there, and that you can program over
USB.  I may be way off base on that though.  Hopefully, when they
release that they'll also release details on the serial protocol, so
you can roll your own controller.

I have no idea what the port in the IR remote is.  Plug it in, see what happens!