[DPRG] Self Balancing.

Subject: [DPRG] Self Balancing.
From: Ted Larson ted at larsonland.com
Date: Mon Oct 17 13:30:19 CDT 2005

I own a CRS03 gyro, I bought for testing purposes.  Just to compare it to
what I already had.  It is a very low-noise device, and doesn't require any
amplification, nor external noise filters.  It doesn't have temperature
drift issues, like many of the low-cost devices.  It works very well.  We
used it on a large balancing robot we built, and it worked great.  A friend
of mine also used one of them in version 2 of his DIY segway project, and I
know he has been quite pleased with it.  I hadn't heard about this device,
before he mentioned it.

http://www.tlb.org/scooter.html

You can get them from the Newark catalog.  They are pricey though...$299.

Since I have been doing filters and such with the low-cost devices, I didn't
find it to perform any better than what I already had, so it wasn't really
worth all that extra dough.

As far as accelerometers go.....I am a big proponent of these guys.  They
are cheaper than AD units, and they don't require any external parts to
operate..i.e. amplifiers, or filters.

http://www.memsic.com

Hope this helps,

-Ted