[DPRG] Talent Show May 13 & Incredible Honda Ad

Subject: [DPRG] Talent Show May 13 & Incredible Honda Ad
From: whitmorj joe_cat at verizon.net
Date: Mon Apr 3 15:14:50 CDT 2006

They cheated on the wheels. In the description, they state that the
wheels were weighted such that when the were bumped a weight was
displaced allowing them to roll uphill.

"It required 606 takes and cost $6 million to shoot and took 3 months to
complete...."

" .....The sequence where the tires roll up a slope looks particularly
impressive but is very simple. Steiner says that there is a weight in
each tire and when the tire is knocked, the weight is displaced and in
an attempt to rebalance itself, the tire rolls up the slope"

For the talent show, could someone build a precision robot to set the
sequence up successfully without taking the 606 tries.