More ARM news (was "[DPRG] Webcast- Low-power ARM9 ™")

Subject: More ARM news (was "[DPRG] Webcast- Low-power ARM9 ™")
From: Brian E Clough bclough at banksofthesusquehanna.com
Date: Sat Apr 8 19:49:26 CDT 2006

Aaaah, that's nothin'.  ARM9 is old news.  If you really want to "surf the
bleedin' edge" of microcontroller technology, check this out.

http://www.luminarymicro.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=73

Luminary is the first vendor to bring a Cortex-M3 device to market.

Cortex is the next generation of ARM architecture, after ARM11, and it's divided
into several ranges.  M3 is the microcontroller range, and there are other
ranges for portable and platform devices.

Brian
ARM Technical Support