[DPRG] Sources for 5mm diameter shaft?

Subject: [DPRG] Sources for 5mm diameter shaft?
From: danny staple orionrobots at gmail.com
Date: Mon Apr 17 11:35:37 CDT 2006

On 17/04/06, R. Steven Rainwater <srainwater at ncc.com> wrote:
> Anyone know of a good source to get a few inches of 5mm metal rod or
> shaft that's suitable for use as an axle? I've tried googling on several
> combinations of keywords but haven't found anything hopeful yet. Tamiya
> offers some 3mm shafts but nothing bigger. Seems like it should be
> pretty easy to find.
>
> -Steve

Steve, have you tried getting hold of broken or scrap printers? The
rollbar axles would sound a pretty good bet here.

If you dont know enough people who have probably got one hanging
around in their shed, garage, loft or basement then freecycle would
probably be an option to find one. Even 10-15 year old printers will
do.
--
Danny Staple MBCS
OrionRobots