[DPRG] Sources for 5mm diameter shaft?

Subject: [DPRG] Sources for 5mm diameter shaft?
From: Brian Merritt brian_merritt at juno.com
Date: Mon Apr 17 13:14:31 CDT 2006

Steve,

If you do just need a 'few' inches you might be able to use the
unthreaded portion of a 5mm bolt from Elliot's hardware.  Get the bolts
that only have about one inch of thread at the end, with the rest being
smooth shaft.  I think you should be able to get 2-4 inches that way,
maybe longer. I used some 6mm bolts of that type when working on my
wheels.

Brian