[DPRG] Removing items from the warehouse - notes from the President on etiquette and propriety

Subject: [DPRG] Removing items from the warehouse - notes from the President on etiquette and propriety
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Wed Apr 19 16:11:57 CDT 2006

Concerning removal of items from the warehouse:

Don't.

Any item in the club library (books, software, hardware, tools) can be checked
out by coordinating with the club librarian (currently Martin Meier).  All items
removed must be logged in detail, with a corresponding return date set.

The recent upswell in RBNO attendance has occasioned the phenomenon of "gone
walkies" of several items, both club property and individual members/attendees.

We are very fortunate to have several generous members who contribute time,
equipment and supplies to facilitate our gatherings and make them more
enjoyable.  The club does not allocate any funds for the refreshments that are
provided every week.  Please do not take these contributions for granted.  If
you enjoy the ready availability of drinks and snacks while handcrafting robots
and hanging out with the robotic elite (as I do), then please consider
replenishing the supply of said refreshments on a regular basis (as I do).

Unless otherwise indicated (boxed, sacked, tagged, etc.), any items in the
refrigerator or on the serving table are freely available to any RBNO attendees,
regardless of club membership status.  Please help yourself and enjoy the time
that we have together.  Please also clean up after yourselves (trashcans with
liners are available and the only acceptable resting places for discarded
plates, utensils, cups, etc.).  Also please do no be wasteful with these items.
  Nothing is more likely to sway a generous provider's inclinations towards
donating time, effort and $$$ than to find, for example, water bottles opened
with approximately one sip taken and then abandoned.

Your attention to these items of etiquette and propriety are appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale Wheat
http://dalewheat.com
(877) DALE WHEAT