[DPRG] Re: DPRGlist Digest, Vol 23, Issue 27

Subject: [DPRG] Re: DPRGlist Digest, Vol 23, Issue 27
From: ihor nakonecznyj ihor43us at yahoo.com
Date: Wed Apr 26 17:05:52 CDT 2006

I received an email from Steve that makes a lot of sense. I will reprint it
here - but bottom line, I do not think that we can hit the May time slot and we
should start planning this for June.

BTW, I got reminded that on the 5th I must fly to Toronto, so I cannot be
there. I will miss all the fun unless we can postpone it to June and start
implementing Steve's suggestions.

Steve's post:

We should make an announcement of our plans on the public DPRG list ASAP
requesting donations for the sale to be brought to the warehouse and post a
reminder once a week before each RBNO. If we're shooting for the May 6 Saturday
sale, that gives us a few more RBNOs to finalize the selection of stuff we're
selling. Might be a good idea to include the sale list in the weekly reminders
to give people a chance to spot anything we shouldn't sell.

Starting about one week prior to the sale, I think we need to publicize
here:

DPRG mailing list
Usenet newsgroup: dfw.forsale
Yahoo group: Robotics Market
1st Saturday discussion forum
Any other suggestions?

We should include an item list or summary, a description of the DPRG, mention
that 100% sales will benefit our 501(c)3 group, and that everything at our
booth will be sold tax-free using one of our two annual sales-tax exempt sale
days. And we need to indicate that all sales are cash only (no cc/checks). I
can provide some copy for this if needed.

Once we determine how much space we'll need, somebody needs to talk to Pete
(info at sidewalksale.com or 214-432-7665) about the logistics. That should be
done at least a week in advance (before April 29). He said he'd comp us space
somewhere that would be easy for load-in and load-out. We should be able to
drive right up to the booth space to unload.

Stuff we need to bring:

1. all the stuff we're selling (duh)
2. display tables (there are 3 folding tables at my office that we can
use)
3. basic tools (screw drivers and a multimeter at least, It's not
uncommon for folks to want a look inside a computer or to test power
supplies, etc. before buying.)
4. flashlights or, if we get AC, some portable lighting
5. pocket knife, duct tape
6. One of our DPRG signs to put on the table
7. some DPRG flyers (might get some new members out of this)
8. sharpies and some white stickers to make price tags with
9. a cash box (one at the warehouse already?)
10. a pile of $1 and $5 bills for change (everybody pays with $10 and $20 bills
from the  ATM these days).
11. a copy of our 501(c)3 docs just in case the sales tax folks show up
(they occasional hit these things and cite anyone not charging sales
tax).

We need to schedule some shifts for volunteers to man the tables and assign
somebody to be in charge of the cash box. Probably ought to have at least two
people there at any given time. More is better. Load in starts Friday May 5 at
6pm. Load out is around noon on Saturday May 6. If we go 6pm to noon, we
probably need at least 2 shifts of 2 people
each. I'll come for the load in and stay as long as I can (all night if I can).

Peak traffic is supposed to be 10pm-3am and 6am to 10am.

Comments, discussion, etc.

Ihor

Noli arrogantium iniurias pati