[DPRG] Kinda OT - wireless router question

Subject: [DPRG] Kinda OT - wireless router question
From: Jeff Koenig koenig.jeff at gmail.com
Date: Sun Jul 9 18:15:04 CDT 2006

All,

I bought a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router, and installed DD-WRT Linux
on it.  It is possible to add two serial ports to this router, and my
plans are to wirelessly send RS-232 commands to a mobile robot.

My network is a Westell DSL modem w/ wireless router, a desktop PC,
and the aforementioned WRT54GS.  When I have the modem and the WRT54GS
connected together with an eternet cable, I can wirelessly telnet to
the WRT54GS's address from my laptop, log in, and goof around with the
GPIO pins on the router. ("Goof around" = set and clear).

However, the wireless signal is going through my Westell modem.  When
I unplug the ethernet cable, I can't telnet wirelessly to the WRT54GS.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I am doing incorrectly, or
what settings may be precluding this function?

Thanks,
Jeff