[DPRG] Showing off at RBNO

Subject: [DPRG] Showing off at RBNO
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Sat Jul 15 17:50:00 CDT 2006

I expect to be showing off Ed Koffeman and my "Queen of Jordan"
museum project robots on Tuesday night. The maze follower and
its main display has already been shipped to Jordan, and the
display itself for the soccerbots has gone, but the joysticks,
controller and soccerbot robots were returned for tweak ups,
because I've asked for a little more time with them, and then
will be going over separately. So I will probably bring them up
and show them off at RBNO. They are human driven remotely during
the game, but when the game is over, they return autonomously to
their own chargers, and hook up and recharge before re-taking
the field. We've got a rough proto of their base to demonstrate
on.

They are incredibly cute little robots I think, so I'd like to
let anyone who wants try them out before they ship off half a
world away and go on permanent display in the Queen's Childrens
Museum.

So come have a look-see.

Randy
www.newmicros.com