[DPRG] DPRG Outdoor Competition 23 Sep 2006

Subject: [DPRG] DPRG Outdoor Competition 23 Sep 2006
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Thu Jul 20 10:13:36 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 20:35, jl_harris at juno.com wrote:
> What's the objective/rules/course for the upcoming Outdoor
> Competition (23 Sep 2006)?   or  is this our regular
> competitions just done outdoors?

I'm not sure if there's a definite plan yet. We have several members
with working or nearly working outdoor robots. This is the first year we
done anything specifically for outdoor bots. I guess the main goal of
the event is to get them together in one place at one time and watch
them do something. I don't think any of them are up to a Robo-Magellan
contest yet.

David suggested a location he'd found near Lake Lewisville that offered
a course that could be used by robots that rely on vision, GPS
waypoints, or obstacle avoidance. See his Jun 19 posting in the list
archive:

 http://list.dprg.org/archive/2006-June/030077.html

I haven't heard anything final about location or rules yet though.

-Steve