[DPRG] Shocking

Subject: [DPRG] Shocking
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Wed May 10 18:59:56 CDT 2006

I have a project where I have to incorporate a shocking system into a
dog collar for training. (Long story)

I have been doing some reading and one person says that the voltage
should be between 2V and 6V! And that 6V is too high for a horse!

I know I do not get a shock from a 9V battery (except when I put my
tongue on it) or even a 12V car battery, and I have not gotten one
working with 24V either.

I have gotten one from the ringer of a telephone which I believe is 48V.
And of course good old 120VAC.

I was looking at shocking system (like electric fence) and they say
1000V or 2000V or even 20,000V All are pulsing at 3 to 30 times per
second.

Can someone explain why someone would say 2-6V is what is needed?

Kip
--
Kipton Moravec <kip at kdream.com>