[DPRG] TI 430 seminar is this Thursday

Subject: [DPRG] TI 430 seminar is this Thursday
From: Kipton Moravec (SPEC Manufacturing) kip.moravec at specmanufacturing.com
Date: Fri May 26 15:33:01 CDT 2006

I went to the afternoon session. It is an 8 MHz or 16 MHz device. Newer ones
are 16 MHz and most register to register instructions are 1 clock. However
some instructions are more than 1 clock. The AVR is Harvard architecture,
and the TI430 is von Neumann (sp?) architecture. It is probably overall
faster than an AVR, because its operations are 16 bit versus the AVR 8 bit
even though many instructions are multiple clocks.  The assembler code is
pretty simple. It is a very compact assembler.

The cool thing about it is the idle mode is very very low power, and it
wakes up and switches to full speed in less than 1 microsecond. So they wake
it up (with any interrupt), do work, then put it to sleep. It will keep
track of time for 10 years on a coin cell battery!

There are lots of variants with different configurations of memory and
peripherals.

The development system, including a processor, USB debugger, and 4K max C,
unlimited assembler, is $20.00 (Twenty, I did not miss a zero.)

Dale, I will try to burn you a copy of the CD.

Kip