[DPRG] Starting robotics, but where?

Subject: [DPRG] Starting robotics, but where?
From: Jeff Koenig koenig.jeff at gmail.com
Date: Tue Nov 14 17:28:23 CST 2006

Hello Mohammad,

What sort of programming have you done?

You might look into this one:
http://www.seattlerobotics.org/WorkshopRobot/

And this:
http://www.junun.org/MarkIII/#item1

Basically, it comes down to:
1) How much money can you spend,
2) How much of it do you want to build yourself,
3) How expandable to you want it?

If I were handing out advice, I'd (after procuring a copy of "Mobile
Robots: Inspiration to Implementation") recommend getting something
that is complete, quick, and flexible.  Personally, I'd look into the
Mindstorms NXT setup, as you will be able to prototype and change your
robot rapidly.  Then, if you want to build a robot from scratch or a
kit yourself, you'll know what works well and what does not.

Good luck!
-Jeff