[DPRG] Analog Gurus needed

Subject: [DPRG] Analog Gurus needed
From: Rick Bickle rbickle at intconsys.com
Date: Mon Nov 27 15:39:27 CST 2006

Hey all,

Here's a question for all you analog gurus out there.

I am trying to design an amplifier to take a differential output signal
of 0 to 10mV, to a ground referenced signal with a range of 5mV to 3.3V.
The tolerance of the input is +/- 2mV, which means that the input could
go negative at minimum readings.
An instrumentation amp will handle the differential to ground referenced
conversion, but I need to add a positive offset of 5mV or so before I
amplify the differential signal.

How can I add 5mV to the input signal without adding gain?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick