[DPRG] Help with Sonar navigation

Subject: [DPRG] Help with Sonar navigation
From: Alejandro Celery alejandrocelery at hotmail.com
Date: Fri Sep 8 12:45:08 CDT 2006

Hi all, this is Alex from Argentina.

My spaceship project (remember anyone?) is going well, we are currently on
the sonar module. We are developing one as a class project with some
friends.
What i´d like to know is how to deal with the information from the
ultrasonic transducers. For example, how do you deal with obstacles at
uneven angles, different heights, etc. Has anyone got any readable papers
about this subject? I was thinking that if we can pinpoint things with two
ears, maybe two transducers is all we need.
Has anyone gone this path before? I am about to start studying human hearing
to see if this helps.

ANY suggestions are more than welcome.
Thanks!!!

Regards.