[DPRG] Darlington pair from stepper motor presentation

Subject: [DPRG] Darlington pair from stepper motor presentation
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Mon Sep 11 05:44:42 CDT 2006

At least 4 companies make the ULN2803 which has 8 Drivers.

Be careful how much power you put in these.

While the ST one says it can drive 500 mA on one channel, it says one
channel can dissipate up to 1 W, but the whole package can dissipate up
to 2.25 W. You can not have all of them on at peak current at the same
time.

If I am trying to drive more than 150 mA I switch to discrete parts.

Kip