[DPRG] Servo noise

Subject: [DPRG] Servo noise
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Wed Sep 20 23:06:56 CDT 2006

What is your power supply? How is everything wired?

My guess is that you have a case of ground bounce. Make all of the
grounds from the servo go directly to the battery or the negative of the
3300 uF capacitor. Not through the board.

Is the plus side of the servo coming off the battery or the regulator?
If it is the battery hook the power wires directly to the battery, not
the board.

If the plus side of the servo comes off the regulator, then your
regulator can not compensate fast enough. It is better to have it come
off a battery, not a regulator.

Unless I know better how it is wired I can not help more.

Kip

--
Kipton Moravec <kip at kdream.com>