[DPRG] Servo noise

Subject: [DPRG] Servo noise
From: Triffid Hunter triffid_hunter at funkmunch.net
Date: Fri Sep 22 09:19:38 CDT 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:15:49 +1000, Cristobal Garib
<funkyallstayler at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having troubles  with my servos and my basic stamp. When i turn my
> circuit on the servo restarts my basic stamp. I've tried everything, i
> connected a 3300uf between the voltage and ground, then i connected two
> 3300uf capacitor in paralel, i bought two new servos from diferent
> brands.
> The bigger problem is that a whant to drive 7 servos and i can't even
> drive
> 1. Maybe if a use a separate power source for the stamp and for the
> servos
> it will work. Obiously i'll have to connect the servo's grounds to the
> grond
> of both power sources. Well anyone have a solution?

I power my servos via a bang-bang buck regulator I designed, circuit is at
http://triffid.funkmunch.net/png/bang_bang_buck.png (Vref connects to
logic 5v in my implementation)

I also connect my board to my batteries via an LC filter to stop surges
getting through, seems to help immensely :)

-Triffid Hunter