[DPRG] RE: How much do our choices effect our results?

Subject: [DPRG] RE: How much do our choices effect our results?
From: Jeff Koenig koenig.jeff at gmail.com
Date: Sun Aug 12 16:33:13 CDT 2007

On 8/11/07, Randy M. Dumse <rmd at newmicros.com> wrote:

>To me it seems the market place is rather static, quiet.

Agreed! It saddens me to look through 20 year old issues of "Robotics
Age" magazine and wonder if there's really been 20 years of progress
since then.

> Maybe breakthroughs will happen, which are just out of sight,
> but I have to wonder if we as the robot enthusiasts aren't
> making our voices heard, that we want better sensors to build
> better robots.

I like "Sensors", which is a magazine for the trade.  I don't know
about breakthroughs, but there are some interesting new technologies
which will hopefully benefit the robot building community.

You may be able to get a free subscription at this link:

http://www.sensorsmag.com/sensors/