[DPRG] Robots in Gumby's World

Subject: [DPRG] Robots in Gumby's World
From: Jeff Koenig koenig.jeff at gmail.com
Date: Sat Aug 18 18:08:48 CDT 2007

On 8/18/07, DeltaGraph at aol.com <DeltaGraph at aol.com> wrote:

> Art Clokey was a genius.

I agree.

I'm a member of the official Gumby fan club.

I have several dozen Gumby toys, one of which is six feet tall.
Several are ceramic, and at least two are hand-blown glass.  To my
knowledge, I've never bought one myself.  They've all been gifts.

It's a near certainty that my mom will send me a Gumby toy for my next
birthday, as she has for many years.  Where she finds them, I have no
idea.

For good luck, I've taken a Gumby with me on every international trip
I've made, and friends have brought and photographed them in locales
they have visited.  They've been to Tahiti, Jamaica, England, Italy,
France, China, Australia, Peru, etc.

What does all this have to do with robotics, you ask?

Well, I'm also a big fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000.  Apparently,
they were fans of "Robot Rumpus", too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M4_XZ3FLHw

Enjoy!