[DPRG] Re: Call for reinforcements

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Call for reinforcements
From: Eric Sumner kd5bjo at gmail.com
Date: Sun Feb 4 13:05:34 CST 2007

> I'm all out of ideas on this serial problem, which is starting to look
> more and more like a power problem, and I need this to work tomorrow.
> So, I'll buy dinner for anyone who shows up at SMU this evening and
> helps get this thing working.  Call me at 214-245-6083 if you need to
> know how to get here, as I won't be checking email often.

Ok.  I've made some progress, but I am still having lots of problems.
I'll renew my request/offer for somebody to come here and help get
this working.  I am supposed to show the entire thing working for my
advisor at 16:00 today, and then again to the people that are funding
this project at 10:00 tomorrow.

It appears that the serial problem was potentially independent of the
core problem that I've been having.  The serial adaptor and the servo
controller don't like being powered off of the same regulator.  I
haven't figured out why, but they have run off of the same bench
supply before without any problem.  I have them on separate 5v
regulators now, and they don't appear to have any problems.

The motor controller, on the other hand, is having lots of problems.
I am using a MD22 in R/C Servo mode attached to the servo controller.
The voltage of the input signal is being clamped at approximately
2.9V, and I can't figure out why.  If I disconnect either of the motor
power connections, the signal levels go back to their correct values.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

  -- Eric