[DPRG] Re: MD22?

Subject: [DPRG] Re: MD22?
From: Eric Sumner kd5bjo at gmail.com
Date: Sun Feb 4 14:17:32 CST 2007

> Does anyone have a robot that uses an MD22 that works that I can try
> mine in?  I am beginning to suspect that I have damaged/destroyed mine
> and I need to find out.

I connected the MD22 to its own (separate) power supply, so that the
only connection between it and the rest of the system was the ground
line and signal wires.  There is some noise between the ground at the
MD22 and the ground at the servo controller that I can't find the
source of.  The signals look fine when viewed from the servo
controller's ground, but are very noisy w.r.t. ground at the motor
controller.  To fix this, I connected a "104" capacitor between the
signal and the ground at the motor controller, which cleaned up the
signal considerably, but also caused it to clip at the 2.9v level I've
been seeing all this time.  When I remove the capacitor, the signal
level stays at 2.9v until I reset the servo controller while the MD22
isn't powered up.

  -- Eric