[DPRG] Robotic snowplow

Subject: [DPRG] Robotic snowplow
From: scott at lighthouse21.com scott at lighthouse21.com
Date: Sat Feb 17 01:28:03 CST 2007

Saw this snippet on one of the news pages, no links or pictures but still
an ingenious device.  I've pasted here for fear that a link would expire.

Man Uses Robot to Plow His Driveway
AP
MIDDLEBURG, Pa. (Feb. 16) - The wintry blast was a perfect opportunity for
Bill Lauver to put his robot plow through its paces.

For three years, Lauver has often done snow clearing from the comfort of
his living room, watching from the window as the converted golf cart with
plow attachment plies the drive while he operates the remote control.

"It's funny, we'll see people look at it really strange, and my husband
will be standing in the window," said Lauver's wife, Sue.

Lauver said the plow is a converted 4 horsepower electric golf cart,
geared down for a slower speed and more power to shove snow.

The plow can handle 6 to 8 inches of snow, Lauver said. "This snow is a
bit hard on it because there was freezing rain last night. It's a bit
crusty," he said Wednesday.

Lauver tosses around ideas for some other projects, possibly a
remote-control lawn mower or snowblower, but he had little encouragement
from his wife.

"I want him to get some exercise," she said. "He's always controlling
everything by remote."