[DPRG] PWM Frequency and torque

Subject: [DPRG] PWM Frequency and torque
From: Vimal Shankar vimalsshankar at yahoo.com
Date: Tue Feb 27 00:44:02 CST 2007

Hmm.. now I think this is an interesting issue that
lot of people are getting interested in.

My biggest problem is I see so many PWM based
questions surfacing here and there sporadically.. and
almost noone seems to agree with each other and many
don' understand what's going on...

Why is PWM so hard to understand and apply in
practise...

But I am seriously starting to get worried..

I am feeling a negative energy around me.. :)

It seems like people are really not "in tune" (pun
unintended) with me using 250Hz to drive my motors..

At any higher freq there is a HUGE drop is torque..

But I will get my scope and see what's going on..

> I have to believe that there is probably
> a 50 line program you
> could put into one of the 8 bit PICs or AVRs to do
> exactly this.

Wow.. is it possible that you have a sample ?

Is the 50 lines ASM or HLL code ?