[DPRG] field robot competition

Subject: [DPRG] field robot competition
From: dpa dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Sun Jul 1 10:51:39 CDT 2007

Howdy,

Dr Frits K. van Evert and his students at the Wageningen University and
Research Center in the Netherlands have built a two-wheel balancing
robot to compete in the "field robot competitions."  He sends along
a link to their robot navigating autonomously along rows of corn:

<http://www.fieldrobot.wur.nl/robot2/index.htm>

as well as a link to the field robot competition itself:

<http://www.fieldrobot.com/>

Looks like the navigation is accomplished with vision processing.  In
one link we have a two-wheel balancing robot, vision processing, and
an outdoor real-world robot contest.  A great job by our brother (and
sister) robot builders in the Netherlands.

best,
dpa