[DPRG] DPRG at ISDC - status update

Subject: [DPRG] DPRG at ISDC - status update
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Wed May 9 16:29:13 CDT 2007

Here's an update on the DPRG presence at the upcoming International
Space Developement Conference. The conference runs from Thursday, May 24
through Monday May 28.

- The DPRG will have a 10' x 20' booth at the ISDC. This will include 2
or 3 folding tables. We'll need people to man the booth and plenty of
robots. So far we're planning on the robot arm from the warehouse,
Tankbot, the Hex Walker donated by Jon Williams (I think Brian has it
right now?), and my bot. If anyone can add some robots to display, let
me know.

- Randy M. Dumse will give a 20 minute presentation on robotics in the
education track from 5:00pm to 5:25pm on Friday.

- We're putting on an outdoor robot contest Saturday at 2pm (see my
previous email for details).

We'll need volunteers to man the booth and help with the contest. I've
had emails from several people willing to volunteer but more are needed.
Email me and let me know what days and times you would be available.

Here's the schedule:

Thursday May 24 (Noon - 6pm): booth setup
Friday May 25 (9am - 6pm): booth
Saturday May 26 (9am - 6pm): booth
Saturday May 26 (2pm - 4pm): outdoor contest
Sunday May 27 (9am - 6pm): booth
Monday May 28 (9am - noon): booth

We'll need extra people on Saturday during the contest.

I could really use at least one other person who to help out all four
days - as an added incentive, I think I can get you a full-conference
pass.

These people have volunteered already. If your name is on this list,
please let me know what days/hours you can help.

Rick Bickle
Brian Merritt
Ihor Nakonecznyj
Ed Okerson