[DPRG] DPRG at ISDC - status update

Subject: [DPRG] DPRG at ISDC - status update
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Sun May 20 16:34:51 CDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 22:52, David M Wilson wrote:
> do you have any information about the number and
> capacity of the power drops that will be available in the
> booth?

There will be power available. Probably just a single drop. I'll try to
bring a couple of power strips from the warehouse during setup. If
anyone has a lot of adapters or other widgets to plug in, I'd suggest
bringing a power strip of your own to be safe.

WiFi should also be available though we may have to pay $10/day for  it.

> Will there be any floor space available for demos?

Yes, it's a 10' x 20' booth and we'll have either two or three folding
tables. Last time we did something like this we arranged the tables
along two edges of the booth, leaving the inside area open on the third
side. Demos could take place there. Depending on how much foot traffic
there is around the booth, we might be able to do some demos in the isle
area.

> Are members free to carry equipment and boxes to the booth or
> will that upset a labor union?  Old memories of Comdex die hard.

I remember that too. Conventions in Chicago and NY were the worst, we
sometimes had to pay union people to plug our equipment into an AC
outlet. :)  Shouldn't be a problem in Dallas. As far as I know this is a
right-to-work state so unions can't force you to do anything here. But
IANAL, so I'll check with the ISDC folks to make sure.

> And just for general group info - will robots be left on the
> tables overnight or removed daily?

It's suppose to be secure enough to leave things overnight but based on
my experience at other conference, I'm planning on removing any robots
and other equipment each night.

-Steve