[DPRG] Robotics articles in recent news

Subject: [DPRG] Robotics articles in recent news
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Sun May 27 14:35:00 CDT 2007

Pity Register article on the true state of robotics:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/25/softky_robots_part_one/

Another on robot gunship joins US military:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/24/robochoppers_to_join_fly
ing_hk/

And yet another on rules for kill-bots, let them kill each
other:

http://tech.msn.com/news/articlecnet.aspx?cp-documentid=4909628&
GT1=10036

CMU spotlighted:

http://tech.msn.com/news/articlecnet.aspx?cp-documentid=4909628&
GT1=10036

"It started as a research institute and then it became an
academic department, but it's still first and foremost a
research institute and one sign of that is in its growth. We
started at $1 million and now we are at $50 million and it
doubles in size every six or seven years, not something you see
at most university departments."

"Ultimately we've discovered that mopping a floor is harder than
playing chess."

Randy
www.newmicros.com