[DPRG] On contests

Subject: [DPRG] On contests
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Wed May 30 17:51:09 CDT 2007

Contest attendees,

While the list of suggested improvements for running our various contests grows
on a daily basis, I can't help but notice that the list of people willing to
coordinate and assist in the orgainzation, execution and presentation of our
contests continues to dwindle at an alarming rate.

Without contest coordinators, contests don't happen.  Please, if you'd like to
help improve our contests or other public events, consider volunteering.  It
takes an investment in time and planning to make these things happen.  Every
contest coordinator, including myself, shares the feeling that "I wish I could
have done more".  Better press coverage, more prizes, better attendance, more
interesting challenges, contingency plans, more venues - the list goes on
seemingly forever.  The amount of available time that can be devoted to these
tasks, on the other hand, is of necessity limited.

As an officer of the club and member of the board of directors, I recognize and
value the contributions of valuable time, creativity and energy made by our
contest coordinators.  My personal thanks go out to Steve Rainwater for
organizing and bringing to life our most recent contest at the ISDC, as well as
spearheading our public presence at that venue.

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

(972) 486-1317
(877) DALE WHEAT