[DPRG] LCD Displays and Atmels

Subject: [DPRG] LCD Displays and Atmels
From: Dean Hall dwhall256 at gmail.com
Date: Mon Oct 22 07:14:45 CDT 2007

Scott, need more info.

Vary your eye's angle to the LCD from 0-180 and see if a ghost of a
character is there.  Some LCDs have a contrast pin that needs a bias
voltage.  A potentiometer helps find the right voltage for your
display.  Vcc or GND often works as the bias voltage for the LCDs
I've used.

Is your microcontroller running at +5V?  If you're running at a lower
voltage, you might have trouble driving the LCD's inputs.

Which Atmel are you using?  An AVR, ATmega, an 8051 equivalent or
maybe an ARM7 or ARM9?  Atmel makes a lot of types.

What software are you running on the Atmel?  Are you using a pre-made
library or fully self-written code?

If you can control the time delay between pin-changes (on ALL pins:
data, E, etc), try increasing it so there's a bigger margin.

!!Dean