[DPRG] Arduino I/O Board

Subject: [DPRG] Arduino I/O Board
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Mon Dec 1 22:27:47 CST 2008

Dodd,

It's both useful and easy to use!  There's a lot of things that work with the
Arduino these days and more on the way.  It's a gentle introduction to
microcontrollers if you haven't any experience in that area yet but there's
nothing to keep you from doing almost anything you like if you're already an
embedded developer.

The 3pi robots I have from Pololu are "Arduino compatible" in that the
programming interface works just about the same, even if they are physically
dissimilar.

Doug Emes of the DPRG picked up an Arduino board at the Austin Maker Faire this
year but I don't know how far he's gone with it yet.

I keep wanting to buy one and some other doodads for it but keep getting
distracted by other projects, it seems like.

For the price, you can't go wrong.  Take the plunge!

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

(972) 486-1317
(877) DALE WHEAT