[DPRG] Arduino I/O Board

Subject: [DPRG] Arduino I/O Board
From: Triffid Hunter triffid_hunter at funkmunch.net
Date: Tue Dec 2 00:39:38 CST 2008

I have an arduino, it's pretty neat although I haven't really tested its
capabilities fully.

It's basically an ft232r usb<->serial chip and an atmega168 pre-loaded
with serial bootloader and running at 16MHz on a breakout board.

I have never used the arduino host software, I program mine with avr-gcc,
avr-libc and avrdude in C.

Just the other day I hooked up an hd44780-based LCD and wrote a frequency
counter, works great :)

The reprap project is using the arduino as the sole controller for all
its motors and sensors, and from what I read, some are even interpreting
g-code at the same time!

The arduino community is massive (just check out the forums!) and is
appearing more and more often on sites such as hackaday.

I read that they're planning on upgrading to the atmega328p at some point,
and support for these chips in the host software is either on the way or
present.