[DPRG] Arduino I/O Board

Subject: [DPRG] Arduino I/O Board
From: John Dolecek jdolecek at gmail.com
Date: Tue Dec 2 06:10:13 CST 2008

I'm using an arduino on my robot(s).  As a beginning programmer and a newb
to microcontrollers I was fairly intimidated when I started experimenting
with the arduino.  I've since bought several more and used them in numerous
projects.  It's safe to say I'm sold.

The only complaint I have is the lack of I/O.  Yes, this could be solved a
number of ways whilst keeping the arduino, but I've recently found something
else interesting that will probably replace the arduino in my robot.

http://sanguino.cc/

This expands the capabilities quite a bit and is mostly compatible with
arduino.  I'm also looking at buying this to go with it:

http://sanguino.cc/1-0breakoutkitassembly

Thats a nice little breakout board that will simplify wiring of the unit.
All told I think the sanguino and breakout are like $45.  I think that's
pretty reasonable.