[DPRG] Can anybody suggest cheap and easy CAD software?

Subject: [DPRG] Can anybody suggest cheap and easy CAD software?
From: R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Date: Thu Dec 11 14:54:41 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 13:27 -0600, brianmerritt at att.net wrote:
> Can anybody out there suggest some CAD software that is cheap (or
> freeware) and easy to use and learn?  I have tried a couple of
> freeware packages but they leave a lot to be desired.

I haven't tried any freeware (i.e. proprietary, no cost) but there is
one semi-adequate free software / open source CAD program called QCAD.
It's only 2D but it's better than nothing.

 http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad.html

If you don't mind proprietary and cheap, I'd suggest buying a copy of
DesignCAD 3D Max on eBay. You can usually get a copy that's one or two
versions behind the latest for a less than $20. I got a V14.1 for $14 a
couple of years ago. It reads and writes AutoCAD files and does
everything I needed. It's a Windows program but you can run it under
WINE on Linux.

 http://shop.ebay.com/designcad+3d+max

-Steve