[DPRG] Re: Ham gear

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Ham gear
From: Jeff Koenig koenig.jeff at gmail.com
Date: Sun Dec 28 10:09:29 CST 2008

Mike, I'm glad I'm not the only one who took more than one hour to put
the VEX together!

I don't know how long I spent on it, but everyone in the house thought
it was funny to say "aren't you done yet?" over and over.

There were some tough clearance areas for some of the bolts, and I
ended up putting some tape on the wrench to help hold the Keps nuts
during installation.

The instructions could have been clearer, too.  I greatly enjoyed
building it, and it's a very strong little platform, but I think a kid
might get a bit frustrated building it.

I really like it, though.  I'm going to find a better way to mount the
battery pack, and I think I'm going to buy the extra wrist kit for it.
 There are replacement tank tracks that are still available, but I
think the wheels work well enough.

http://www.vexrobotics.com/vex-robotics-vexplorer.shtml

Best Regards,
Jeff