[DPRG] Spring Outdoor Contests #1 and #2, addendum2: navigation

Subject: [DPRG] Spring Outdoor Contests #1 and #2, addendum2: navigation
From: Glenn Pipe ggpipe at yahoo.com
Date: Fri Feb 1 21:10:17 CST 2008

I have some experience in setting up a wiki. I did some research into it and figured out that DekiWiki would best suit some basic needs:

- Simple to use (no weird pseudo html knowledge needed), in other words, uses a WYSIWYG editor
- Free, Open source

I noticed the HBRC uses Media Wiki, which is a pretty good wiki (Wikipedia uses it), but I found one that I think is better which is Deki Wiki. Deki Wiki is actually derived from Media Wiki. It uses a WYSIWYG editor, which makes it easy for everyone to use and more likely for people to contribute. There are a couple ways to use Deki Wiki. One is to install the software on a machine that has internet access or another way is to use wiki.is to make a wiki page/site.

I think a club wiki is a great idea.

Thanks,

Glenn