[DPRG] Processor Communication via ADC

Subject: [DPRG] Processor Communication via ADC
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 14 10:17:12 CST 2008

Kip, / Eric

Was just wondering how he might deal with many sources of PWM from many
processors / sensors.. with limited number of input capture resources?

Certainly one processor could time division multiplex (if that is the
correct term-- or serialize) PWM stream, but with many processors maybe  there would
be a way to request a signal so as not to have redundant data missed  by
receiving processor that is using a multiplexer tied to input capture  pin.

Interesting a friend uses components designed for an automotive throttle
control that is exactly compatible with RC servo pulse 1.0 to 2.0 ms. (If I did
not mention)

Wonder what would be a practical frequency upper-limit for Eric's
application?

One thing that does scare me about using more complex forms of  communication
such as I2C...
is you have to make sure you have carefully covered the bases to avoid
states that might hang up a system whereas with PWM or analog performance might
suffer if implementation is not perfect (free from noise...), but at least
typically you won't experience a crash.   Just me talking.

Ron

Awards. Go to AOL Music.