[DPRG]Wall-E

Subject: [DPRG]Wall-E
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Thu Jul 3 16:59:33 CDT 2008

Well, I went out Friday and saw it. Curious our list isn't
talking about it at all. To say I have mixed emotions is an
understatement. I am struggling to keep the soap box platform at
bay. None the less, I thought I'd start the thread if anyone
wanted to discuss the movie.

Here are questions left in my mind.

Were those babies 700 years old? Must have been. If not how did
that happen given the state of things?

Is it really true plants can't live unless people are there to
water, take care of, them? Just how did evolution work 300
million years ago then?

If you continuously throw out garbage for 700 years, what's left
to make things (like garbage) out of? And how does being in
space change that problem as compared to being on earth?

Well as I say, I'm trying not to spoil the movie, and stay off
my soapbox, but I really do have mixed emotions.

Randy