[DPRG]Wall-E

Subject: [DPRG]Wall-E
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 4 14:13:51 CDT 2008

Ray,

Also, newer serial ports support faster rates. You might be able to attain
500K baud before moving to something like USB.

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes RS-232 drivers are not speced at
the higher rates. One example is the controller I use on my robots can run
500K  to 1M baud, but the RS-232 driver is speced at 115K

I think the typical scenario for the faster rates is to go with a
differential driver scheme, e.g. RS-485 to support higher rates.

Anyway figuring out how much data you need to move around will guide you in
deciding what you need..

Ron