[DPRG]Wall-E -> 1GHZ computers laser rangefinding

Subject: [DPRG]Wall-E -> 1GHZ computers laser rangefinding
From: ray xu rayxu at tx.rr.com
Date: Fri Jul 4 18:08:14 CDT 2008

Dean: I see why the breadboard is a bad idea.  All I need from the
controller is because I need to interface 1gHz counters to it.

Ron: I am already done with my sonar project.  All I need to do now is to
put it on a board and in a project box.  Also, I did some searching, and the
closest thing (http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lr/) I came to says that it uses
a computer controller.

Heres my theory of operation:

The controller will be instructed to trigger a laser pulse (650 nm laser
diode), start a timer/counter, wait for the beam to come back (receiver:
OPT101 with concave lens on top of photo-sensitive area), disable the
counter/timer, do some calculations, display results, and loop.

Ray Xu
rayxu at tx.rr.com
DPRG <http://www.dprg.org>  member
group member
My Blog <http://rayxublogs.blogspot.com/>
Custom HTML generated signature upon sending