[DPRG]Wall-E -> 1GHZ computers laser rangefinding

Subject: [DPRG]Wall-E -> 1GHZ computers laser rangefinding
From: Rud Merriam k5rud at arrl.net
Date: Sat Jul 5 10:50:54 CDT 2008

Hi,

The CPU does not need to run at 1 GHz for this situation. Only the counter
needs to run at high speed and accept interrupts that start and stop the
counter. A separate counter chip is my suggestion.

1. Start the counter and the light pulse.
2. When the light pulse returns turn off the counter.
3. Read the counter when convenient.

Rud Merriam K5RUD
ARES AEC Montgomery County, TX
http://TheHamNetwork.net <http://thehamnetwork.net/>