[DPRG]Wall-E -> 1GHZ computers laser rangefinding

Subject: [DPRG]Wall-E -> 1GHZ computers laser rangefinding
From: ray xu rayxu at tx.rr.com
Date: Tue Jul 8 21:49:28 CDT 2008

Well, if you were at he RBNO today, you should have seen my robotic arm made
of VEX parts (I’m a big fan of VEX).  Anyways, I was wondering if somebody
will donate a pico-ITX (used or new) motherboard.  If not, a nano-ITX of an
operating clock speed of at least 1 gHz.  And/or, a compact flash drive to
IDE adapter would be useful too.  There’s no need to donate a power supply;
I salvaged some working parts to repair one that just broke from my computer
and I rigged it up to have a on/off switch.   Also, from today RBNO, I still
have some minor questions.  Does anyone know of an avalanche photodiode with
a peak sensitivity wavelength of 650nm or 850nm and with fast response
times?  Does anyone know where to find some?  How should I arrange the
op-amps (if any should be used) to keep the delay (from input of the circuit
to the output) minimal and with fast response times?  Does anyone have
programming knowledge in C++ so I can make an executable to load into the
ITX board to communicate with the serial or Ethernet port?  On my report of
my project, I will be putting DPRG in my credits :) .

Ray Xu
rayxu at tx.rr.com
DPRG <http://www.dprg.org>  member
group member
My Blog <http://rayxublogs.blogspot.com/>
Custom HTML generated signature upon sending