[DPRG]Wall-E -> 1GHZ computers laser rangefinding

Subject: [DPRG]Wall-E -> 1GHZ computers laser rangefinding
From: ray xu rayxu at tx.rr.com
Date: Thu Jul 10 16:33:13 CDT 2008

Hello guys, I have another question.  Since I'm changing the photodiode I'm
using o a very fast response one, I will need to use a 650nm laser/detector.
But the 850nm one only outputs 4.23mW of light and the one I was planning to
use originally outputs 5mW of light.  Will that affect my range?  Also, I
need some help in building the receiver which means using op-amps (I'm not
very experienced in that area), or could I use a pre-amplifier then use a AD
converter?

Ray Xu
rayxu at tx.rr.com