[DPRG]Wall-E -> 1GHZ computers laser rangefinding

Subject: [DPRG]Wall-E -> 1GHZ computers laser rangefinding
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Thu Jul 10 19:30:30 CDT 2008

Ray,

The difference between 4.23 mW and 5 mW will only make a very small difference
in the range.  Having a properly matched emitter and detector pair will make a
big improvement in the performance of the circuit.

An analog-to-digital converter would be much, much too slow to give any sort of
meaningful result in this application.  You will need to build a very fast
amplifier that introduces a minimum of delay into the detector circuit.

Thanks,

Dale Wheat

(972) 486-1317
(877) DALE WHEAT